Could not open relation with OID (table partitioning issue?)

От mark
Тема Could not open relation with OID (table partitioning issue?)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Hi all

Running Postgres 8.3.7

Are there any known issues with table partitioning and transactions having a child partition getting removed out from under running queries?

I got an error in my log about not being able to open a relation with OID XXXXX from a SELECT statement that ran about the same time that a cron job may have removed some of the older table partitions. (that may or may not have been visible to select query)

Right now I have been checking but I can’t find anything wrong with the database so it doesn’t look like I have any db corruption issues or the like currently.  there is some hate in the logs about it for a while and then the database was restarted.

My best guess is that a the clean up of old partitions yanked a table out from view…. Kind of like when you run a \d at the same time a table is dropped.

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas ?

-Mark