Refactoring the Type System

От David Fetter
Тема Refactoring the Type System
Дата
Re: Refactoring the Type System  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Re: Refactoring the Type System  (Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Folks,

For the past couple of years, I've been hearing from the PostGIS
people among others that our type system just isn't flexible enough
for their needs.  It's really starting to show its age, or possibly
design compromises that seemed reasonable a decade or more ago, but
are less so now.

To that end, I've put up a page on the wiki that includes a list of
issues to be addressed.  It's intended to be changed, possibly
completely.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Refactor_Type_System

What might the next version of the type system look like?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!