Re: Insert performance with composite index

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Insert performance with composite index
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Monday 01 November 2010 15:28:19 Divakar Singh wrote:
> Do you mean these parameters have been removed starting 9.X?
> As I see on
> http://www.network-theory.co.uk/docs/postgresql/vol3/BackgroundWriter.html
> ,these parameters were added starting from 8.0 right?
No, I mean setting to 0 is a bit of a strange value in many situations.

And you have comments like:
#max_fsm_pages = 20000            # min max_fsm_relations*16, 6 bytes each
#max_fsm_relations = 1000        # min 100, ~70 bytes each

Which reference config options which do not exist anymore. And you have
shared_buffers = 81920
Which indicates that you started from 8.1/8.2 or so...

Andres

От: Divakar Singh
Сообщение: Re: Insert performance with composite index
От: Yaocl
Сообщение: A query become very slow after upgrade from 8.1.10 to 8.4.5