Re: Insert performance with composite index

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Insert performance with composite index
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

On Monday 01 November 2010 13:49:14 Divakar Singh wrote:
> When I tried inserting 1M rows into a table with a Primary Key, it took
> almost 62 seconds.
> After adding a composite index of 2 columns, the performance degrades to
> 125 seconds.
> I am using COPY to insert all data in 1 transaction.
Without seeing your config its hard to suggest anything here. Did you do basic
tuning of your pg installation?

wal_buffers, shared_buffers, checkpoint_segments, maintenance_work_mem are
likely most relevant for that specific case.

Andres

От: Cédric Villemain
Сообщение: Re: Insert performance with composite index
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Insert performance with composite index