Re: docs on contrib modules that can't pg_upgrade?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: docs on contrib modules that can't pg_upgrade?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat wrote:
> Howdy folks,
>
> Was wondering if there are any docs on which contrib modules don't work with
> pg_upgrade? I seem to remember discussion on this during the 9.0 cycle, but
> couldn't find it in the mail archive, and don't see anything in the wiki.  What
> brings this up is I'm currently working on an 8.3 upgrade and it has
> pg_freespacemap which breaks things; I think easy enough to work-around in
> this case, but I am sure for other contribs, or for folks with a lot of
> machinery built on top of a contrib, that won't always be the case. If
> something like this doesn't exist, I'll start a wiki page on it, but thought
> I'd ask first.

I don't know of any /contrib modules that will not upgrade;  if we had
any they would be mentioned in the pg_upgrade docs and checked in the
source code.

We had a possible issue with hstore, but that was changed in a
backward-compatible way for 9.0.

http://enterprisedb.com