Re: Gripe: bytea_output default => data corruption

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Gripe: bytea_output default => data corruption
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rajesh Kumar Mallah wrote:
> Dear Griper!,
>
> fortunately someone showed a easy 'fix'
>
> ALTER DATABASE foo SET bytea_output='escape' ;

Yes, we mentioned that setting in the release notes too:

    E.2.3.5. Data Types

        *

          Allow bytea values to be written in hex notation (Peter
    Eisentraut)

          The server parameter bytea_output controls whether hex or
    traditional format is used for bytea output. Libpq's PQescapeByteaConn()
    function automatically uses the hex format when connected to PostgreSQL
    9.0 or newer servers.

          The new hex format will be directly compatible with more
    applications that use binary data, allowing them to store and retrieve
    it without extra conversion. It is also significantly faster to read and
    write than the traditional format.

While the "Incompatibilities" section mentions only the first paragraph,
this remention lower down has even more details.  Not sure what else you
wanted us to do.