Re: COPY question

От Szymon Guz
Тема Re: COPY question
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 21 October 2010 23:28, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
On 21/10/2010 22:16, Szymon Guz wrote:
Hi,
I still get the same error while using COPY FROM 'file'. I have to pass
the full directory for this to work, example:

COPY first (a,b,c) FROM '1st_file.csv' with csv header delimiter ',';
ERROR:  could not open file "1st_file.csv" for reading: No such file or
directory

The same when I use: '.1st_file.csv' or './1st_file.csv'.

No errors when I give the full path.

Yes, that's documented behaviour - you need to give the full path.

I've noticed that already. Btw, I could use the file name, but it won't be searched in my current directory.
"The path will be interpreted relative to the working directory of the server process (normally the cluster's data directory), not the client's working directory."

Giving the full path is stupid, how can I use just the file name?

Why is it stupid?

Because I can't just move my scripts/queries to some other directory, where I have files with the same names, but different content (just for tests).

Thanks for the answer.

regards
Szymon

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Gripe: bytea_output default => data corruption
От: Tim Uckun
Сообщение: Re: Updates, deletes and inserts are very slow. What can I do make them bearable?