Re: [JDBC] Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [JDBC] Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> > Uh, why would we do this client-side rather than server-side?  If we do
> > it server-side, all interfaces get it.
>
> 1. The API that's being implemented is JDBC-specific.
>
> 2. Even if you want to argue that it would be generally useful to have
> such a feature, it would certainly require additional client-side
> programming to make each client interface make use of it.

Wouldn't it be simpler to code this in the server and have the client
use that facility, rather than have the each client implement it.

Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.
Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.