Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Looking at the pg_upgrade code some more, I found that it was not
> > removing the PG_VERSION file when deleting <= 8.4 tablespace files.
> > This might confuse administrators so the attached patch adds the removal
> > of PG_VERSION.  I would like to apply this to master and 9.0.X.
>
> ... why is that a good idea?

The script already deletes the 8.4 database directories, but leaves
PG_VERSION behind.  Why keep it when all the 8.4 data is gone?  The
script also dates PGDATA for 8.4, so there is nothing left pointing to
that directory.  Here are the delete script file contents after the
patch:
#!/bin/shrm -rf /u/pgsql.old/datarm -f /rtmp/pgsql/PG_VERSIONrm -rf /rtmp/pgsql/1rm -rf /rtmp/pgsql/11564rm -rf
/rtmp/pgsql/16384rm-rf /rtmp/pgsql/16385rm -rf /rtmp/pgsql/27628

http://enterprisedb.com