Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
> >
> >> We can't fix the behavior because we have to allow an old cluster to
> >> keep its tablespace files during a pg_upgrade. ?They are given a script
> >> to delete those files later, if they want.
> >
> > The new *layout* of the files may be forced by pg_upgrade
> > considerations, but I don't think that proves much of anything about
> > ownership and permissions settings --- especially not the fact that we
> > are now enforcing settings that were designed for the data directory
> > itself on what is effectively one level up from that.
>
> I haven't yet been convinced we need or want to relax the rule about
> the directory being empty.

Uh, how would pg_upgrade work then?  It would require renaming the
top-level tablespace directory, which might require root permissions.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly
Сообщение: Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly