Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Robert Haas wrote:
> >> Perhaps we should fix the behavior rather than the documentation.
>
> > We can't fix the behavior because we have to allow an old cluster to
> > keep its tablespace files during a pg_upgrade.  They are given a script
> > to delete those files later, if they want.
>
> The new *layout* of the files may be forced by pg_upgrade
> considerations, but I don't think that proves much of anything about
> ownership and permissions settings --- especially not the fact that we
> are now enforcing settings that were designed for the data directory
> itself on what is effectively one level up from that.

Agreed.  I was speaking only about the ability to have something in that
top-level directory when you are creating the tablespace.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly
Сообщение: Re: create tablespace fails silently, or succeeds improperly