Re: Problem with initdb: creates database which do not exists

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: Problem with initdb: creates database which do not exists
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Monday 18 October 2010 7:46:21 am Torsten Z_hlsdorff wrote:
> >> So: any idea why the database is not visible? And how do get rid of the
> >> "non-existing" databases ;)
>
> > My guess is that you have more than one installation of Postgres. The initdb is
> > working on one cluster and your psql is pointing at another.
>
> Yeah.  In particular, since I didn't see any server start or stop
> commands in this sequence, it looks like the psql calls are talking to
> some pre-existing server process that's using a pre-existing database
> directory somewhere else.

Unless you tweak settings in /etc/rc.conf, FreeBSD's install of Postgres
will start up talking to the DB in /usr/local/pgsql (if you start it
using FreeBSD's rc system)  The port provides the variable postgresql_data
which can be used to change the rc script's behavior.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com