Re: How to reliably detect if it's a promoting standby

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: How to reliably detect if it's a promoting standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> What new public interfaces do you think are needed for 9.1 in this
> regard?

At this point I'm thinking of modifying existing pg_is_in_recovery(),
thus 0 new public interface. The heart of the function is
RecoveryInProgress(). It simply returns LocalRecoveryInProgress. In
addition to that, checking WalRcvData->walRcvsState being set to other
than WALRCV_RUNNING seems to solve the problem, though I have not
tested yet.  Let me see if it's working...
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan