Re: Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.
Дата
Re: Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.  (Radosław Smogura <rsmogura@softperience.eu>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 04:04:56AM -0500, Radosław Smogura wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:29:16 -0500, "Kevin Grittner"
> <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> > David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Please find enclosed a WIP patch from one of my co-workers
> >> intended to support JDBC's setQueryTimeout, along with the patch
> >> for JDBC that uses it.
> >
> > I agree that it would be very nice to support this JDBC feature, but
> > I'm not clear on why this can't be done with just JDBC changes using
> > the java.util.Timer class and the existing Statement.cancel()
> > method.  Can you explain why the backend needed to be touched?
> >
> > -Kevin
>
> I sent such patch fully in Java
> (http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2009-11/msg00010.php),
> implementing cancellation with Timer and "cancel query" facility of
> PSQL server,

Would you like to update it?

Is there something incomplete about the ones I sent, and if so, what?

> unfortunately none has revised it, even that setQuertyTimeout todo
> is for long time on dashboard, and it's important for enterprise
> class software.

That sounds a tad buzzword-y.  What exactly is it that *you* see as
important to delivering this feature?  I'm thinking JDBC1 compliance,
but you might have something very different in mind.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Сообщение: Re: Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.
Сообщение: Re: Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.