Re: On Scalability

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: On Scalability
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Vincenzo Romano (vincenzo.romano@notorand.it) wrote:
> I would expect a parser to ... ehm ... parse the CHECK constraint
> expression at "CREATE TABLE " time and
> extract all the needed "high quality metadata", like the list of
> columns involved and the type of
> checks (range, value list, etc.).

Check constraints can be added after the table is created.  Inheiritance
can be added/changed independently of check constraints.  Hacking all of
the inheiritance, check constraint creation, and any other possibly
involved code paths to try to figure out if this particular table, check
constraint, inheiritance relationship, etc, is part of a partitioning
setup isn't exactly trivial, or the right approach.
Thanks,
    Stephen