Re: Tutorials on high availability Postgresql setup?

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Tutorials on high availability Postgresql setup?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/warm-standby-failover.html)on this topics is pretty scarce.

> The scenario I'm most interested in is this:
>
> 2 servers - a master and a hot standby. All writes are sent to master, reads are split between master and hot
standby.

> 1) If the hot standby goes down, how do I redirect reads to the master?

pgpool-II 3.0 will take care of this.

> 2) If the master fails
>     -how do I automatically promote the standby to master and send all reads/writes to the new master?

This is covered by pgpool-II 3.0 as well.

>     -what happens when the old master comes back up? Do I need to so anything to make it catches up to the new
master?

I recommend to use it a standby. Such a configuration is possible by
using pgpool-II 3.0.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan