Re: Insertion of geometric type column with column[0], column[1] and etc.

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Insertion of geometric type column with column[0], column[1] and etc.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Marcelo Zabani (mzabani@gmail.com) wrote:
> However, with the huge popularity of ORM solutions and the complexity of
> db-specific datatypes (geometric types in other dbs probably work
> differently), we can't really expect ORM software to do all the mapping
> successfully (although projects such as Hibernate Spatial exist for java
> solutions, NHibernate Spatial seems to be abandoned, and there are, of
> course, other ORM solutions for other platforms).

Erm, there's two failing here.  One is that geometric types work
differently in other databases (I'd encourage you to go check out
http://www.opengis.org), the second is that we can't expect ORM software
to work as, well, an ORM.
Thanks,
    Stephen