Re: Getting FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command

От Peter Hopfgartner
Тема Re: Getting FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--------Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote--------
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Getting FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
Date: 15.09.2010 17:40

>Peter Hopfgartner <peter.hopfgartner@r3-gis.com> writes:
>> --------Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote--------
>>> This is a result of something sending SIGTERM to the backend process.
>
>> Can I trace where the SIGTERM comes from?
>
>If this is a recent Red-Hat-based release, I think that systemtap could
>probably be used to determine that.  There's a script here that solves
>a related problem:
>http://sourceware.org/systemtap/examples/process/sigmon.stp

Ok, I was able to create the packages with the debug info, adapted the script to report SIGTERM sent so any process,
seeattachment, tested this sending some SIGTERM and seeing them reported by systemtap.

Anyway, currently we are not able to reproduce the problem on the server, magically everything seems to work on this
machine.The only changes should be the 2 debug-info packages (kernel-debuginfo-common-2.6.18-194.11.3.el5.x86_64.rpm
andkernel-xen-debuginfo-2.6.18-194.11.3.el5.x86_64.rpm).

In the same time, the problem appeared twice today on our testing server. This suggests to drop the hardware failure
hypothesis.

I'm running systemtap on the testing server now, too.

>            regards, tom lane

Вложения