Re: JSON Patch for PostgreSQL - BSON Support?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: JSON Patch for PostgreSQL - BSON Support?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
1;2403;0cOn Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 05:02:47PM -0500, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:
>
> > Storing internally as BSON (if it holds up to its premise) would
> > mean more efficient traversal of internal objects in the future,
> > if we were to have JSON-related functions/selectors.
> How about the fact that not all JSON objects can be represented in
> BSON (if the JSON object has a very long string)
Any such long string wont be representable in pg anyway. Or am I
missing something here?

Besides that I have to say that I find it pretty strange to design a
supposedly generic file-format with a 32bit signed integer length...

> , and not all BSON objects can be represented in JSON (if the BSON object has an
> array).  Or do we invent our own flavors of one or both to cover the
> mismatch?
The BSON representation could be purely internal...

Andres

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: JSON Patch for PostgreSQL - BSON Support?
От: Joseph Adams
Сообщение: Re: JSON Patch for PostgreSQL - BSON Support?