Re: more numeric stuff

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: more numeric stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > 3. 64-bit arithmetic.  Right now, mul_var() and div_var() use int for
> > arithmetic, but haven't we given up on supporting platforms without
> > long long?  I'm not sure I'm motivated enough to write the patch
> > myself, but it seems like 64-bit arithmetic would give us a lot more
> > room to postpone carries.
>
> I don't think this would win unless we went to 32-bit NumericDigit,
> which is a problem from the on-disk-compatibility standpoint, not to
> mention making the alignment issues even worse.  Postponing carries is
> good, but we have enough headroom for that already --- I really doubt
> that making the array elements wider would save anything noticeable
> unless you increase NBASE.

Should we be collecting pg_upgrade-breaking changes on the TODO list so
we can implement them in one future release?

http://enterprisedb.com

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: patch: General purpose utility functions used by the JSON data type
Сообщение: Re: patch: General purpose utility functions used by the JSON data type