Re: Feature Request: bzip2 support in pg_dump, pg_restore

От Adrian von Bidder
Тема Re: Feature Request: bzip2 support in pg_dump, pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Heyho!

On Friday 13 August 2010 10.57:13 Daniel Migowski wrote:
> A small investigation showed to me that bzip2 compressed sql files take
> only 60% of the space of gz compressed files.

But bzip2 is very slow.  I think if there should be changes to the data
compression, xz is probably the future.  xz is said to be similar to bzip2
in terms of compression ratio, but much faster.

cheers
-- vbi

--
And those meanies used what we said to you and they misconstrued it to
mean what we said, and that's so unfair.

Вложения