Re: MySQL versus Postgres

От Peter Bex
Тема Re: MySQL versus Postgres
Дата
Re: MySQL versus Postgres  (Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 02:09:43PM -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> I'm all in favor of a nice tutorial section in the docs.  But I
> certainly don't want pgsql docs to mimick the mysql docs method of
> using a tutorial method for most of the beginner information.  It's so
> dang hard to find anything I want in the mysql docs because of it.
> Once you're somewhat familiar with the db, having to slog through
> pages of tutorial to find the bits you want is counterproductive.  The
> easy-peasy entry level mentality of the mysql docs works against
> experienced users.

+1

I spent half an hour today trying to find the various ways MySQL has
for controlling charsets.  The TOC is unusable and even using the index
it can sometimes be very frustrating to find something.  Postgres has
outstanding docs right now!  It would be a shame to change that.

Tutorials would be good, but in a separate section of the site.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx