Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?

От Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Тема Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?
Дата
Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?  (Sandeep Srinivasa <sss@clearsenses.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:52:46 -0700
"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> The issue isn't Drupal. It is modules. There are a lot of popular
> modules that do not work with PostgreSQL (Lightbox for example).

> The google checkout module for Ubercart didn't work either until
> relatively recently.

I'd say the opposite but I'll wait to test more D7.
Core takes ages to agree on what should be done to fix bugs for
Postgres without affecting even the "feelings" of MySQL developers.

Modules may have more problems but fixing them is generally trivial
and generally upstream is quick to integrate the fix.

The problem for core is maintaining your patches till and if they
fix the bug.

I agree that PHP and MySQL are a perverse match.

Still if he plans to deploy stuff as "commodity" software they are a
necessary evil.
The problem arise when you're in-between custom and RAD.
Anyway more python/django based cms are flourishing... and given
Django originally supported DB was Postgres...
http://www.django-cms.org/ [1]

Migration of Onion from Drupal/Mysql -> Django/Postgresql is
emblematic.

[1] I think I could make a quick benchmark if possible on postgresql
and mysql

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it