Re: gSoC - ADD MERGE COMMAND - code patch submission

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: gSoC - ADD MERGE COMMAND - code patch submission
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 11:33:04PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 10:25 PM, Boxuan Zhai <bxzhai2010@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > This is ZHAI BOXUAN, a student of gSoC 2010. My project is to add merge
> > command in postgres.
> > There is a more detailed instruction in readme.
I would find it helpfull to find a short recap of how you want to
handle the various problems (mostly around locking) in the readme.

> > Any comments will be highly appreciated.
> Is there any chance you can submit this as a single patch file?  Or if
> not, can you at least use a zip or tar file instead of a RAR archive?
> Ideally the patch would be against CVS HEAD, not 8.4.3.

I would also suggest you base your patch either against the git tree
or CVS. Currently it does include patches agains generated files like
gram.y or kwlist.h which make it harder to see the real changes.

Thanks,
Andres