Re: GSS Authentication

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: GSS Authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bryan,

* Bryan Montgomery (monty@english.net) wrote:
> After that I spent a bit of time on my windows client fiddling trying to get
> it to work. I had set PGSRVKRBNAME, tried setting PGGSSAPI however, I wasn't
> using the FQDN of my database server. When I went from dbhost to
> dbhost.lab2k.net, I was able to connect.

Do you have reverse DNS working..?  That's typically what Kerberos uses
to determine the ticket to request from the KDC.

> Hopefully this may help someone else in the future.

Thanks for the follow-up!

> Now my next step is to see if I can make a connection from a Java
> application with JDBC.

I'd certainly like to hear how this goes..  I don't know if the changes
to support GSSAPI were ever merged into the main JDBC driver.  If not,
perhaps we can encourage them to merge them.  There was a version built
that I was able to use under Linux to successfully auth using Kerberos
(iirc anyway :).

    Thanks!

        Stephen

Вложения