Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.

От: Bruce Momjian
Тема: Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: cpu bound postgresql setup. Firstly many thanks for responding. I am concerned because the load averages have increased and users complaining of slowness. I do not change settings frequenly. I was curious if there is any half dead component in th  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
 Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Kevin Grittner", )
 Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
  Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Kevin Grittner", )
   Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
    Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
     Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Benjamin Krajmalnik", )
      Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Bruce Momjian, )
       Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Benjamin Krajmalnik", )
        Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Alvaro Herrera, )

Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:
> [...]

Bummer.  What is supposed to happen is if you are checkpointing too
frequently ( < 30 seconds), you get the suggestion about increasing
checkpoint_segments. I have not heard of cases where you are not
checkpointing too frequently, and increasing checkpoint_segments helps.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <>        http://momjian.us