Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.

От: Bruce Momjian
Тема: Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: cpu bound postgresql setup. Firstly many thanks for responding. I am concerned because the load averages have increased and users complaining of slowness. I do not change settings frequenly. I was curious if there is any half dead component in th  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
 Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Kevin Grittner", )
 Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
  Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Kevin Grittner", )
   Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
    Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Rajesh Kumar Mallah, )
     Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Benjamin Krajmalnik", )
      Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Bruce Momjian, )
       Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  ("Benjamin Krajmalnik", )
        Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: cpu bound postgresql setup.  (Alvaro Herrera, )

Benjamin Krajmalnik wrote:
> Rajesh,
>
> I had a similar situation a few weeks ago whereby performance all of a
> sudden decreased.
> The one tunable which resolved the problem in my case was increasing the
> number of checkpoint segments.
> After increasing them, everything went back to its normal state.

Did you get a db server log message suggesting in increasing that
setting? I hope so.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <>        http://momjian.us

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache