Re: Unable to determine what has a particular OID

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Unable to determine what has a particular OID
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 18 June 2010 7:15:48 am Andy Dale wrote:
> On 18 June 2010 16:06, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Andy Dale <andy.dale@gmail.com> writes:
> > > After looking into the the data directory a particular file/oid is
> > > around
> >
> > 21
> >
> > > GB (the oid has 21 files), this OID can then be found in the pg_class
> >
> > table,
> >
> > > the explanation for the size being that the table has around 12.5
> > > Million rows.  During the inspection of the data directory I observed
> > > another OID that is around 8.5GB, but I cannot locate the corresponding
> > > entry in the pg_class table (even after dumping the table into a file
> > > and grep-ing for the OID in question).
> >
> > You should be looking at pg_class.relfilenode, not OID.  See
> > http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/storage.html
> >
> >                        regards, tom lane
>
> Ok, but when I have dumped the pg_class table into a file like so:
>
> -[ RECORD 1
> ]--+----------------------------------------------------------------
> relname        | pg_type
> relnamespace   | 11
> reltype        | 71
> relowner       | 10
> relam          | 0
> relfilenode    | 1247
> reltablespace  | 0
> relpages       | 19
> reltuples      | 796
> reltoastrelid  | 0
> reltoastidxid  | 0
> relhasindex    | t
> relisshared    | f
> relkind        | r
> relnatts       | 26
> relchecks      | 0
> reltriggers    | 0
> relukeys       | 0
> relfkeys       | 0
> relrefs        | 0
> relhasoids     | t
> relhaspkey     | f
> relhasrules    | f
> relhassubclass | f
> relfrozenxid   | 379
> relacl         | {=r/postgres}
> reloptions     |
> -[ RECORD 2
> ]--+----------------------------------------------------------------
> relname        | triggered_update_columns
> relnamespace   | 11313
> reltype        | 11477
> relowner       | 10
> relam          | 0
> relfilenode    | 11476
> reltablespace  | 0
> relpages       | 0
> reltuples      | 0
> reltoastrelid  | 0
>
> Grep-ing  for the correct oid/filenode (110660 in my case), nothing is
> returned.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andy

Try:
SELECT oid,* from pg_database ;

I suspect the relfilnode you are looking at is another database in the cluster.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

От: Andy Dale
Сообщение: Re: Unable to determine what has a particular OID
Сообщение: Re: Unable to determine what has a particular OID