Re: Re: Error on Windows server could not open relation base/xxx/xxx Permission denied

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Re: Error on Windows server could not open relation base/xxx/xxx Permission denied
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 12 June 2010 11:07:32 am John T. Dow wrote:
> I posted this two days ago and nobody has commented. I'm reposting the
> message because I really need advice. Background info: My client got the
> "permission denied" error on his original server and we removed the AV
> software without solving the problem. Since the computer is running Windows
> 2000 Server, SP4, it was suggested that a newer OS might help. We moved the
> data and the problem persists even on the new computer. What follows is my
> status report about the new computer as well as the process of copying the
> data. Note that backing up the database on the original server also gets
> the "permission denied" error.
>
> Posting from 6/10 follows.........
>
> Here's the current status.
>
> We installed postgres on an XP machine, 2002 SP3. (Same as my computer,
> which never has a problem.)
>
> We tried to do a backup of the database on the old computer, to copy the
> data to the new computer. The backup failed with the same problem mentioned
> in the subject line.
>
> So we zipped up the data directory and unzipped it on the XP computer.
>
> We then attempted to paste in the "large" block of text (200 lines of plain
> ascii, 49000 bytes) and got the same problem as before.
>
> Note that the load on the server and on postgres is very low, and that the
> problem can be recreated with 100% certainty when we paste certain text
> into certain fields.
>
> This computer is running "Symantec Endpoint Protection", with the proactive
> threat feature turned off.
>
> Question: Is it possible that there's corruption in the database which is
> being incorrectly reported as "Permission denied"?
>
> Perhaps the original problem on the other computer created the corruption?
> Or the corruption came from another source and on both computers creates
> the incorrect message?
>
> We could of course recreate pretty much the same database. We're in
> development mode now: it was loaded with data from the legacy system
> extracted a few months ago and since then there has been additional data
> entered and changed as people have played with and tested the application.
>
> Is this a random event? A bug? Advice please on what to do next.
>
> John

Some more questions.
What is the relation that is having the permissions issue?
Are the permissions on that file different from the others in the base directory
tree?
What is the 'certain text'?
What are the 'certain fields' and do they have any functions running on them?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com