Re: Best way to store case-insensitive data?

От Adrian von Bidder
Тема Re: Best way to store case-insensitive data?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Friday 11 June 2010 09.27:15 Michal Politowski wrote:

[email address local part is case sensitive]

> In practice I've yet to see a system having both smith and Smith
> and them being different, but still it is theoretically posible.

I routinely modify email addresses I store to my addressbook to all
lowercase.  I have yet to have a single case where this gets me into
problems; I think it's probably quite exotic to find a system that actually
is case sensitive.

cheers
-- vbi

--