Re: pg/linux How much swap relative to physical memory is needed?

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: pg/linux How much swap relative to physical memory is needed?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday, June 10, 2010, Kelly Burkhart <kelly.burkhart@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should I be concerned?
>
> Thanks,

The default Linux kernel settings will tend to swap stuff out to make more
memory available for filesystem cache. You can lower the value set in
/proc/sys/vm/swappiness to decrease this tendency. I don't think it's
hurting anything, though; it just has pages it thinks can be usefully
swapped out.

--
"No animals were harmed in the recording of this episode. We tried but that
damn monkey was just too fast."