insert OS command results into a table on a remote system ?

От Kevin Kempter
Тема insert OS command results into a table on a remote system ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All;

I want to gather OS command based stats such as the results of commands
like: 'df' 'iostat' 'free' etc and put the results into a temp table that I
can then select from.

I need to do this all from the db since I wont have OS/shell access,
only 'psql -h' access. Is this possible?

Can I somehow leverage the '\!' meta command in psql to pull results of OS
commands into a table?

Thanks in advance...