Re: [RFC] A tackle to the leaky VIEWs for RLS

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [RFC] A tackle to the leaky VIEWs for RLS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Greg Stark (gsstark@mit.edu) wrote:
> Also incidentally I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where this
> really matters. For it to be an issue you would have to simultaneously
> have a user which can't access all the data and must go through views
> which limit the data he can access -- and has privileges to issue DDL
> to create functions and operators. That seems like an unlikely
> combination. I've seen views used before to restrict the role accounts
> used by front-end applications but those accounts have no DDL
> privileges.

Erm, I have to disagree with this in general..  We don't all just build
web apps.  On multi-user databases, this really isn't that uncommon.
I'm not saying it's an everyday kind of thing, but I don't think this
issue is something we can just ignore either.
Thanks,
    Stephen