Re: fillfactor gets set to zero for toast tables

От Takahiro Itagaki
Тема Re: fillfactor gets set to zero for toast tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > Do we really need default_only entries in user-defined reloptions?

I think we don't, but I also think we don't need it at all even in the
core because it just set a few variables to the default values with
complex code flow. Could you explain why default_only entries idea is
better than adjusting those fields in the toast-specific codes?
It's my understanding that reloption-framework is just a tool to fill
reloption parameters, and it's not responsible for unused fields.

> > We have yet to see any indication that anybody is using user-defined
> > reloptions at all ...  It'd be good to have an use case at least (if
> > only to ensure that the API we're providing is sufficient).

I use it my textsearch_senna extension :-).
But I don't need default_only entries at this time.

> I suggest that 9.0 would be a good time to add an "int flags" parameter
> to the add_xxx_reloption functions.  The first flag could be
> default_only and we'd have room to add more later without another API
> break.

I agree the idea when we reach a conclusion to introduce default_only.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center