Re: fillfactor gets set to zero for toast tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fillfactor gets set to zero for toast tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Excerpts from Takahiro Itagaki's message of mié may 26 03:32:56 -0400 2010:
>> The new "default_only" field can be initialized only from the internal codes
>> and is not exported to user definded reloptions. We could add an additional
>> argument to add_xxx_reloption() functions, but it breaks ABI.

> Do we really need default_only entries in user-defined reloptions?

> We have yet to see any indication that anybody is using user-defined
> reloptions at all ...  It'd be good to have an use case at least (if
> only to ensure that the API we're providing is sufficient).

There probably isn't anyone using them, yet, which seems to me to be
a good argument to fix any obvious deficiencies in the API *now*
before there actually is anyone who'll be affected.  In particular,
I suggest that 9.0 would be a good time to add an "int flags" parameter
to the add_xxx_reloption functions.  The first flag could be
default_only and we'd have room to add more later without another API
break.