Re: What Linux edition we should chose?

От Adrian von Bidder
Тема Re: What Linux edition we should chose?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Heyho!

On Tuesday 01 June 2010 06.01:02 Greg Smith wrote:
> Put a little time into learning how to build
> your own packages instead, to work around this one perceived flaw, and
> you'll be way ahead of the mess that comes with switching distributions
> altogether.

Note that we can always use more people to help Debian, too.  If you feel
Debian is too slow uploading new pg versions [1]: perhaps you can change
this by helping Martin preparing and testing new packages.  Packaging stuff
for Debian is not magic, it's just Makefiles, Perl/shell scripts and stuff
like this.  (And I, too, like the parallel installation of different pg
versions and was very much missing it when I was forced to work on SuSE for
some business stuff...)

cheers
-- vbi

[1] (you did look at "unstable" and "experimental"?  The stable releases are
quite slow, that's true.)

--
featured link: http://www.pool.ntp.org

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: What Linux edition we should chose?
Сообщение: Re: What Linux edition we should chose?