Re: Corrupted database - how to recover

От Johann Spies
Тема Re: Corrupted database - how to recover
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 09:54:00AM +0200, Andreas Schmitz wrote:

> maybe you should consider using point in time recovery (pitr) if the
> database is mission critical.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/continuous-archiving.html

Thanks.  This is the first time I experienced this type of problem.
Fortunately the data was not that critical.  I agree that pitr should be
a part of any mission critical setup.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4599

     "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and
      him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."
                                      John 6:37