Re: Regression testing for psql

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Regression testing for psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Then, too, there's the fact that many of these tests fail on my
> machine because my username is not sfrost,

I've updated the patch to address this, it's again at:
http://snowman.net/~sfrost/psql-regress-help.patch

If the size is still an issue, I could just go through and remove the
commands which return lots of records (that would also remove most of
the info about the catalog, minimizing the effect on this set of tests
when people change the catalog..).  Downside there, of course, is that
we're not testing as many cases.  Still, better something than nothing.
:)

> and/or because of row-ordering differences on backslash commands
> without enough ORDER BY to fully determine the output order.

I don't believe this was ever actually an issue.  At least, I've run it
a number of times locally without issue.  If anyone is still getting
differences when run against 9.0 HEAD, please let me know.

commit e301c873740816c5f3fd5437dcc559c880b8f404
Author: Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>
Date:   Wed May 26 15:02:28 2010 -0400
   Add regression tests for psql backslash commands      This patch adds rather extensive regression testing   of the
psqlbackslash commands.  Hopefully this will   minimize issues such as the one which cropped up   recently with \h
segfaulting. Note that we don't   currently explicit check all the \h options and that   many catalog changes will mean
thatthis needs to also   be updated.  Still, it's a start, we can reduce the   set of tests if that makes sense or they
becomea   problem.  Also, any tests which would include the   owner of the database have been excluded.
   Patch here:   http://snowman.net/~sfrost/psql-regress-help.patch
Thanks,
    Stephen