Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add PGFILEDESC description to Makefiles for all /contrib

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add PGFILEDESC description to Makefiles for all /contrib
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >>
> >> Is it really a good idea to have done that to the server, in particular?
> >> I can't imagine it being a good idea to launch the postmaster from a
> >> GUI, which is what I suppose this is good for.
>
> > Well, I assume this was the "icon", which I assumed should match for all
> > the binaries, as compared to config files, for example.
>
> Er... why are you committing undiscussed patches if you just "assume"
> they will work, or indeed do anything useful at all?  You should not
> have touched this if you don't know exactly what it will do and why
> changing it is a good thing.

All other binaries had such a designation, and all /contrib binaries
were missing them.  I assume I was doing cleanup.  You want the icon
removed from the backend makefile?  I can easily do it.

http://enterprisedb.com