Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> So what was the conclusion here?  Is pg_migrator going to be in contrib
> for beta2 or 3, after cleaning it up?

Thanks for asking.  :-)  I can add pg_migrator to contrib by the end of
next week, so it will be in beta2.  I will remove 8.4 as a migration
target, which will allow the removal of some C code and documentation
warnings.  Unless I hear otherwise, I will start on it in the next few
days.  Total work will be < 8 hours, including testing.

One outstanding question is whether we want to rename pg_migrator to
something clearer, like pg_upgrade or pg_binary_upgrade.  (pg_upgrade
was the original name for this migration method in the 1998.)  I am
slightly concerned that the "migration" word is too associated with
cross-database-product migration.  (There are no mentions of
"pg_migrator" in our CVS now, except for an 8.4 release note item
mention when pg_dump --binary-upgrade was added.)

http://enterprisedb.com