Re: missing file in git repo

От Aidan Van Dyk
Тема Re: missing file in git repo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> [100503 11:05]:

> If it has been done why isn't it being run?

I suspect (but can only speak for myself) it's simply because to most of
us using git for development, it's irrelevant...  We're using it to
track/build/develop, and the "history" and keywords aren't relevant to
us tracking branch tips and makeing sure our changes work.

Every once in a while we notice a conversion glich, we fix it...

We've posted the results, had the little bike-shed on keywords,
hand-"fixed" RCS files, etc, and moved on ;-)

But your case of trying to "automatically" build/track the branch heads
for the buildfarm w/ git has a lot more strict requirements of the
*incremental* *conversion* *of* *CVS* than any of us had/have...  Of
course, improvements in that conversion mean you actually have *better*
reliability than the current CVS, because you can avoid the problem of
broken CVS checkouts...

Of course, if the repository was git, the buildfarm wouldn't need to
"worry" if the git repository/commit it's fetching is "a good
approximation of the CVS" ;-)

a.

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,