Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> > Robert Haas wrote:
> >>
> >> ?I don't think it's going
> >> to be practical to retain all the migration code for every pair of
> >> versions forever,
> >
> > I thought the idea was just to support migration from version N to version
> > N+1.
>
> I think that would be "good enough".  But right now we can do better.
> No reason to rip it out, is there?

Again, we are talking about removing _target_ support for 8.4 in
pg_migrator 9.0.  It is hard to see why someone would use 9.0 /contrib
pg_migrator to migrate from 8.3  to 8.4.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta
Сообщение: Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta