Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Agreed, we're not holding up 9.0 for it.  I think the main bit of work
> > that would be needed to put it into contrib would be to SGML-ize the
> > docs.  Don't know if Bruce has got the time to get that done.
>
> Creating the SGML docs is trivial, especially compared to the 9.0
> release notes SGML.  ;-)  It will take only an hour --- I am basically
> going to merge the README and the INSTALL file, remove mentions about
> migrating to < 9.0, and add SGML markup.  I labored on README and the
> INSTALL files for a long time and can't figure out how to improve them.

Oh, and I will remove the C code that was used to migrate _to_ pre-9.0
databases.  People can use the pgfoundry version for such cases. I have
specifically not created a pgfoundry release of pg_migrator that
migrates to 9.0.  (It worked for the 8.5 numbering.)

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta
Сообщение: Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta