Re: Migration of PGDATA

От Martin Münstermann
Тема Re: Migration of PGDATA
Дата
Unknown winsock error 10061  ("Sofer, Yuval" <Yuval_Sofer@bmc.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

> > is it safe to move the PGDATA directory from one system to another when
> migrating from one operating system to another?
> > For example: migrating from Debian to RHEL, or from RHEL4 to RHEL5?
> > The database is of course shutdown properly, and the PG major versions
> match.
> >
> > Or is a dump/restore necessary in these cases?
> >

> As long as you have the same hardware platform (for example no
> 32bit/64bit changes) and no difference in compiling options (for example
> --disable-integer-datetimes), it should work great.

There is no difference in the platform or the compiler options.

In case it does not work great, what kind of problems would we experience?
Would PG not startup at all? Or would we experience SQL errors later on or even casual crashes?

Thanks,
 Martin

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser