Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions

От: Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема: Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Corin, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Kenneth Marshall, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Thom Brown, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Stephen Frost, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Magnus Hagander, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Arjen van der Meijden, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Ivan Voras, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Pierre C", )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Merlin Moncure, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Andy Colson, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Merlin Moncure, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Ross J. Reedstrom", )
   Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Greg Smith, )
     Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dave Crooke, )
      Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
       Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Tom Lane, )
        Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
       Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dave Crooke, )
     Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Yeb Havinga, )
      Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Yeb Havinga, )
      Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Greg Smith, )
      Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Hannu Krosing, )
       Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (James Mansion, )
        Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
        Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Pierre C", )
         Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
          Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Yeb Havinga, )
        Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Bruce Momjian, )
         Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Thom Brown, )
          Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Ross J. Reedstrom", )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dave Crooke, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Merlin Moncure, )
   Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Pierre C", )
    Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dave Crooke, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Chris Browne, )

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 03:22:01PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Ross J. Reedstrom" <> writes:
>
> > Andy, you are so me! I have the exact same one-and-only-one mission
> > critical mysql DB, but the gatekeeper is my wife. And experience with
> > that instance has made me love and trust PostgreSQL even more.
>
> So has anyone looked at porting MythTV to PG?

My understanding from perusing mailing list archives is that there have
been multiple attempts to provide a database neutral layer and support
different backend databases (mostly w/ PG as the driver) but the lead
developer has been something between disintrested and actively hostile
to the idea. I think this page http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Support
say it all:
   deleted "PostgreSQL Support" (Outdated, messy and unsupported)

And the Wayback machine version:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080521003224/http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/PostgreSQL_Support

Ross
--
Ross Reedstrom, Ph.D.
Systems Engineer & Admin, Research Scientist        phone: 713-348-6166

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
От: Yeb Havinga
Сообщение: Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions