Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: insert in function writen in pgplsql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Szymon Guz wrote:
> 2010/3/19 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>
> > Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> writes:
> > > You won't have to change the parameters in the function definition,
> > instead
> > > you can use the RENAME clause:
> >
> > > CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION add_user(user varchar(20), password
> > varchar(20) )
> > > RETURNS VOID AS $$
> > > DECLARE
> > >   RENAME user TO x_user;
> > >   RENAME pa TO x_password;
> > > BEGIN
> >
> > I wouldn't recommend relying on that, because RENAME has been removed in
> > 9.0.  I'm not convinced that it would have worked as desired in previous
> > versions either.
> >
> >                        regards, tom lane
> >

> Is alias also removed?
> I've checked that and it works in 8.4

ALIAS is the recommended replacement for RENAME:

    http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-9-0.html

    o Remove PL/pgSQL's RENAME declaration option (Tom)

    Instead, use ALIAS, which can now alias any variable, not just dollar
    sign variables, e.g. $1.

  PG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do

Сообщение: Re: Disparity between 8.1.18 and 8.2.14 performance wise
Сообщение: Re: Disparity between 8.1.18 and 8.2.14 performance wise