Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5021: ts_parse doesn't recognize email addresses with underscores

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5021: ts_parse doesn't recognize email addresses with underscores
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Well, I think the big question is whether we need to honor RFC 5322
> > (http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5322.txt). Wikipedia says these are
> > all valid characters:
>
> >     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_address
>
> >     * Uppercase and lowercase English letters (a-z, A-Z)
> >     * Digits 0 to 9
> >     * Characters ! # $ % & ' * + - / = ? ^ _ ` { | } ~
> >     * Character . (dot, period, full stop) provided that it is not the
> >       first or last character, and provided also that it does not appear two
> >       or more times consecutively.
>
> That's an awful lot of special characters.  For the RFC's purposes,
> it's not hard to be flexible because in an email message there is
> external context telling where to expect an address.  I think if we
> tried to allow all of those in email addresses in tsearch, we'd have
> "email addresses" gobbling up a whole lot of adjacent text, to nobody's
> benefit.
>
> I can see the case for adding "+" because that's fairly common as Alvaro
> notes, but I think we should be very circumspect about going farther.

OK, I can add '+' using Teodor's patch as a guide, and document which
characters we support, and that we don't support all of them.  What
about the binary upgrade issue?  I am now worried that maybe we should
back out the patch and just document our restrictions.

http://enterprisedb.com
 PG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do

Сообщение: Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5021: ts_parse doesn't recognize email addresses with underscores
Сообщение: Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #5021: ts_parse doesn't recognize email addresses with underscores