Re: 8.5devel: unexpected and illogical error during transaction, but transaction don't rolled back

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: 8.5devel: unexpected and illogical error during transaction, but transaction don't rolled back
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 6:59 AM, A. Kretschmer
> <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:
> > test=*# analyse table_a;
> > ERROR:  canceling autovacuum task
> > CONTEXT:  automatic vacuum of table "test.public.table_a"
> > ANALYZE
> > Time: 1235,600 ms
> >

> > I think, that's not an ERROR, just a NOTICE for me. And yes, the
> > transaction isn't rolled back, so it isn't an error.
>
> Did you start the server from the same terminal? I think the ERROR and
> CONTEXT line come from the server, not psql and are expected
> behaviour.

Hi Greg, back from FOSDEM?

Yes, I started the server from the same terminal. It's my private PC
@home, I'm remote there. First, i have started the Server manually in
the background, then i called psql. So it is my fault, a typically
layer-8 - error.

Thank you ;-)

Regards, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
GnuPG: 0x31720C99, 1006 CCB4 A326 1D42 6431  2EB0 389D 1DC2 3172 0C99