Re: Streaming replication status

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Streaming replication status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> > * I don't think we should require superuser rights for replication.
> > Although you see all WAL and potentially all data in the system through
> > that, a standby doesn't need any write access to the master, so it would
> > be good practice to create a dedicated account with limited privileges
> > for replication.
>
> Agreed. I think we should have a predefined user, called "replication"
> that has only the correct rights.

I am concerned that knowledge of this new read-only replication user
would have to be spread all over the backend code, which is really not
something we should be doing at this stage in 8.5 development.  I am
also thinking such a special user might fall out of work on mandatory
access control, so maybe we should just require super-user for 8.5 and
revisit this for 8.6.

http://enterprisedb.com