Re: Gentoo, 8,2 ---> 8.4, and /var/run/postgresql in mode 770

От Leif Biberg Kristensen
Тема Re: Gentoo, 8,2 ---> 8.4, and /var/run/postgresql in mode 770
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 9. January 2010 22.20.36 felix@crowfix.com wrote:
> I just upgraded my home gentoo system's postgresql from 8.2.14 to
> 8.4.2.  I use it mostly for fooling around and keeping smatterings of
> personal data, so it was simple laziness which kept me from upgrading
> sooner, triggered by the gentoo switch back in 8.2.mumble in how they
> manage postgresql.
>
> Everything went smoothly except the permissions of the directory
> /var/run/postgresql with the domain socket .s.PGSQL.5432.  This dir
> had permissions of 770, owned by postgres.postgres, so no mere mortals
> could access it.  I have changed this to 775 and can now access it.
>
> Didn't 8.2 put these in /tmp?  Maybe this was a gentoo thing.  What
> should the permissions be for this?  Or does gentoo do their own thing
> and there is a different "standard" way of handling this?

In Gentoo, you must add the database owner (probably your own username) to the
group Postgres. This was changed with 8.3, and if you had read the message
from emerge, you should have noticed. And, yes, I fumbled a lot with this
myself.

regards,
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen